Sunday, February 28, 2021

Cultural Art/Distance Learning

LI: To create a piece of cultural art 






 Inspired by art creations by Raku Inoue we went outside and collected leaves, twigs, and other plant debris to create our own cultural pattern or symbol. Then I was thinking about what I'm going to make  with the leaves and twigs I got,then I got an idea of making a butterfly. For this butterfly I used 4 leaf’s, 2 medium size leaf’s and 2 small size leaf’s. I then added the medium size leaf on the top of the twigs I got and the small size leaf on the bottom bit of the medium size leaf. Then i got  a medium twig and i put the it under the 4 leaf’s and then i got a small twig and i broken it into 2 twigs the i put the 2 twigs that i broken off from the small twig on top of the medium twig and that's how i got a butterfly. I found It quite hard to do this activity because It took me a long time to decide on what I was going to make. I enjoyed this activity because there were so many ideas to use to make an animal with the twigs and leaves . An interesting fact I found out about Raku Inoue is that you can be so creative with what you are making. This activity was fun and cool. 

 

2 comments:

  1. Hi Afa
    What a great design. I am really impressed with the detail you have included in your blog post. Someone who wanted to create their own design would easily be able to follow what you did. I learnt today that a butterfly is called a pepe in Tongan. How does the butterfly fit into your culture? Well done for keeping your learning going.

    Mrs Anderson

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Afa
    You butterfly is really creative and looks great. Your DLO was really informative and I really like how you explained the process of what you used and how you made it. I think this sounds like a fun activity and I'm glad you enjoyed doing it. Well Done

    ReplyDelete