Thursday, December 3, 2020

Design Technology Challenge

 LI:To design and make a holiday decoration that fits the client brief.






This week, The LS2 students designed and created Holiday Decorations to hang on the christmas tree. We started off  by asking questions to our client  Mr Johnston then we created a DLO(Brainstorm, mood board) with the information that Mr jontsthon gave us we did this DLO to understand what we are going to make and to see how many materials that we are going to use . The materials LS2 used were felt, thread, cotton, needles and many more but before we started on creating our designs we practiced how to do blanket stitching and running stitch so that we can get the hang of sewing. Some of the holidays people chose were Hanukkah, Dewali, Christmas and more. My decoration  that I made was a palm tree with a Tongan flag sewed onto it and my second one was a Hanukkah socking. I’ve been working hard on these decorations and so had the rest of LS2. I really enjoyed this activity because I learnt how to do new things and even though I had some accidents with the needle I still had fun making my decorations. something i would think on working on with sowing is to i need to stop stabbing myself with the needle.


No comments:

Post a Comment